01 January 2011

Confections: a new beginning.

2011. I feel that this is the year that I become more blog savvy. I do not know why it is something that is important to me, but I like the idea that you put your words out there and hopefully someone is reading what you have to say. It gives a sense of empowerment I suppose.

Confections. 
1. a sweet preparation of fruit or the like, as a preserve or candy.
2. the process of compounding, preparing, or making something.
3. a frivolous, amusing, or contrived play, book, or other artistic or literary work. 
I have taken this definition and applied it to my life. My life is a sweet preparation of fruits and nuts (me and the people I know. No offense meant, I mean it in a loving way) and the process of making something (my life is in the making). I thought it was clever. haha.

New Years Resolutions! If I post them and make them "public" perhaps I am more likely to keep them. Mike and I came up with some together and then I have my own.

Mike and I would like to...
... have a date night every week. Whilst in school and working and all the craziness of life, we tend to never see each other, so it always nice to hold one night sacred for just us.
... learn French. Mike and I really want to travel abroad, so we decided we could endeavor to learn French this year and perhaps go to France next year.
... attend church on a regular basis. We haven't gone to church in forever and it is just something we would like to get back into the habit of.
... each get a tattoo. I have my ink itch and Mike has yet to get one, it is time.  :)

I would like to...
... do yoga at least twice a week. It is a lovely form of relaxation and exercise.
... draw/paint something almost every day just for fun. I miss doodling and art for the sake of fun.
... blog. Just because.
... get my lemon tattoo touched up and finished. It bothers my mother. haha. 
... play guitar more often. Perhaps a goal of at least once a week. I miss playing regularly. Anyone want to start a band? 

I do not think I am shooting for the moon. I hope to achieve these goals with avid success!
Happy New Year my friend, family, and to whomever might be reading this silly confection. May 2011 be a truly remarkable and blessed one!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with these resolutions they sound like really good ones, I really like the date night one, might have to steal that one. Welcome to the blogging world maybe I'll get back into it. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say that blogging my resolutions last year did NOT help me accomplish them...better luck to you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a lovely beginning Janell.

    ReplyDelete