09 January 2011

The Dog Days are Over

Lately I have been rather obsessed with a little song called the Dog Days are Over by Florence + the Machine. I think it may be my theme song for 2011. No matter what happens, I will remember that the dog days are done. I will live. I will pack light and travel my life with a bit of joy in my pocket. At least that is how I have felt this week. I recommend listening to all of Florence + the Machine. Love her stuff. She is touring with U2 this summer and I am endeavoring to drop hints to Mikey that he should take me to one of those concerts.

I want to go dancing. I love going out to a club or bar and dancing. I haven't done it in forever... it needs to be remedied. It is such a release to go out with friends and just dance around. I mean, it feels good bouncing around my house too, but sometimes there is just a need to get out your little black dress, your killer heels that make you 7 feet tall and make your legs look freaking amazing and go out and shake your groove thang.

Speaking of dancing. I am officially registered for a ballet class. It starts in 2 weeks. I am pretty sure that I am not quite the graceful swan I should be to have registered for this little class, but I am excited.

I doodled another fun little doodle in class. It is a little caricature of my directing professor.  It was during a class that we discussed what a theatrical director does before casting a show. It was interesting. This class is mostly comprised of production design and tech students, so it is a pretty goofy class. After going through the first week of classes, I think I like this class... I think. The official verdict is still out.

A break through for me this week is that I packed my lunch every day. I made it to Friday and realized this and have decided to see how long I can keep it going.

Mike and I watched the Fantastic Mr. Fox this evening. I had seen it when it was in theaters, but Mike had not. I love how wonderfully... well, fantastic! it is. Wes Anderson just has a way of captivating my attention and making me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment